By submitting your application, you automatically are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
- To be eligible to model for Des O’Connor Shoes (DOS), entrants must be at least age 15 years (with permission from parents required for models age 15-17) or 18 or over.
- The Des O’Connor Fashion Show and Des O’Connor Shoes modelling events are open to students, emerging and independent fashion, jewellery and accessory designers, emerging and professional fashion stylists, makeup artists, professional and amateur fashion or beauty photographers, and anyone who loves fashion, who loves shoes, and who is interested in modelling as a professional or amateur.
- Entrants are not restricted to live in the UK.
- Entrant must submit their entries together with photo images via the www.DesOConnorsModels.com website within 7 days from their application to avoid any late application fees.
- Application to Participate is free (unless the model chooses to purchase our video/photos package) and as long as you agree to share/promote this event as per our terms and conditions, with no registration fee as long as models apply before the deadline of September 30, 2020, (and start the event promotion within 72 hours of application been accepted). If any places are left after the deadline date of September 30, 2020, then those late applicants will be required to pay a late fee of £97 (the late application window would be for only 7 days – until October 7, 2020).
- The judges reserve the right to amend selections where appropriate.
- Models take sole responsibility for their health and safety and assume all liability for their participation in any DOS modelling events, and shall fully indemnify DOS for any illness, injury, loss or damages incurred as a result of participation in modelling with DOS.
- The model agrees to grant DOS exclusive rights to all images/videos submitted or produced during the modelling events, including licence to reproduce, publish, and use for future promotions.
- Judging Heat Day: All models will be evaluated by DOS’s team of judges at the Catwalk Audition event on March 27, 2021 at the Holiday Inn, High Street Kensington, London after Des O’Connor’s Weekend (March 27/28) Women in Business conference which you can attend also for free.
- Semi-finalists and finalists will be selected on March 27, 2021 by our team of judges, industry professionals who are experts in fashion.
- Judges will assess all models using a points system to score and select the 1st heat winners, semi-finalists, and finalists.
- All winners, semi-finalists will be and finalists will be notified of the results on stage at the end of the event (March 27) in person and on stage to the audience. If the organisers of the DOS modelling events are unable to contact selected models within the night and within 7 days after the event, we reserve the right to withdraw the selection and offer the place to another model instead, and any fees/costs will be non-refundable.
- Final judging and selection of winners and runners up will be held on March 27, 2021). The official shoes launch will be on December 5, 2020.
- The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All 10 Finalists agree that they are available to attend the DOS launch on December 5 2020
- The organisers have the right to add to and change the rules of the competition.
- Applicants understand that the organisers reserve the right to reject any application at their sole discretion.
- Any prize(s), gifts or bonuses must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternative available for prizes.
- The organisers reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- Any additional prizes offered by third parties will be their responsibility to organise and to ensure the prize is offered within a reasonable timescale.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the prize(s) without prior notice.
- No cash alternatives will be offered for any prizes.
- Finalists and winners agree to participate in related publicity and marketing, to make themselves available if required, support DOS across social media channels, TV interviews and to the use of your name and winning images for the purpose of advertising, promotion and publicity without compensation.
- DOS reserves the right to use the names and likenesses of winners, including video recordings or photographs/images provided to DOS by the models or created as part of the modelling events, in any publicity or marketing including and not limited to the DOS website, social media, in advertising/promotional activity and on our literature.
- All applicants must have the permission of the copyright owner before submitting photographs (such as professional modelling head shots). DOS reserves the right to utilise any photos submitted for use on the DOS website and for publicity purposes
Photo images submitted by modelling applicants are understood to be the property of the applicant who has the right to use them for unlimited publication. All credits (where applicable) must be submitted with the application.
- Copyright: Modelling applicants agree that we have the right to publish and share to the public, and our media partners, any photo images they submit to support their applications. Photo images maybe shared on our website, in press releases and on social media pages such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Copyrights or ownership rights to any image submitted as part of a modelling application shall remain with the respective applicant. However, to the extent permitted by law, by submitting the application, the applicant grants the organisers the continuous, royalty free, and irrevocable worldwide rights to feature, display, post, copy, print, or otherwise use the submitted images or look books on the DOS website, e-mails, magazine or newspaper articles, social media platforms and any promotional material, globally, during the modelling audition process and for a period of three (3) years after the process is over.
- Photography & Filming: I agree that if I am selected as a finalist, I hereby authorise the release and use of my name, business name, likeness, recording of my voice and photographs including videotapes or other forms of media, which may be taken of me.
- Applicants and participants agree that DOS owns the copyright of all photos and videos taken of the modelling participants during the modelling audition process (unless they purchase the video and photo package for £147), selection of finalists, and any launch event or after-event awards presentations or formal parties. Photo images and video footage maybe reproduced by DOS and DOS business partners for purposes including for promotion and marketing indefinitely.
- I agree that no compensation shall be due to me or my company for such usage. I authorise DOS to reproduce any information which I have included within my application biography.
- I agree to my application being read and considered by the organisers of DOS and their panel of Judges.
- Please note that full participation in relevant DOS events is a pre-requisite of being a model for DOS. We wish to be fair to everyone who applies and who makes themselves available for the various stages of the audition process.
- Communication and Opting Out: By applying to be a DOS model, we may send you marketing or promotional emails or texts about the DOS event(s) and services or to ask you about your experience of the event. From time to time we may also send you relevant marketing materials and communications. To opt-out of receiving messages or information from us, please email [email protected]
- Des O’Connor Shoes, Des O’Connor Fashion Show, Catwalk Audition and other DOS-related events are organised by Des O’Connors Coaching Services.
By applying to model for DOHH, applicants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and Terms & Conditions outlined above.
All model participants, whether they are selected to be semi-finalists or finalists or whether they only participate in the first heat, are expected to, collect votes and support the promotion of the event(s) via social media and WhatsApp to their own networks of professional contacts and family/friends to the fullest extent possible.
DOS will provide free video training and guidance on the ideal way to promote the event, collect votes – target dates amd ideal times of day to post, etc. – but model applicant/participants are expected to take their own initiative as well in promoting the event, sharing the event on social media, inviting friends/family/contacts via WhatsApp, posting Facebook Live videos, and more.
Additional details will be provided. We will use tracking links (particular to each individual) so that we can measure progress and assess who is participating to the fullest in promoting the event; please note that we reserve the right to remove models from consideration who do not adequately help to promote and market the event(s) to their audiences on social media and WhatsApp. If we feel that you are not making adequate effort to share and promote the event on social media, based on the tracked results from your tracking link, you will receive 2 reminders/warnings to comply, and if you fail to improve your marketing efforts, DOS reserves the right to notify you that you have been removed from the catwalk line-up (and no refund will be provided if you have purchased our video/photo promo package).
Promoting the DOS events is a team effort, as we are not charging our models for this amazing opportunity (unless the model chooses to purchase our video/photos package). We want to work together to boost the audience for this event and draw upon our combined social networks to ensure a packed-out event. We look forward to working with you and collaborating for a successful and inspiring experience!